Our branch will be walking in the Lenawee County Fair Parade on Sunday July 26th. We will meet at the bowling alley parking lot on College Street at noon. The parade will start at 1:00pm. Wear your NAACP t-shirt and some good walking shoes. You can bring candy to throw out during the parade. We will have signs and a banner to carry. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Come out and represent!! See you Sunday!!
Thanks for all you do for the NAACP
Jeanette Henagan, President
Five Reasons to Join the NAACP
- The fight for freedom is not free! Your membership will help fund initiatives and programs to support our mission of racial equality and equal justice.
- A membership in the NAACP is your opportunity to give back to the organization that has done more to change this country for the betterment of people of color, women, and the disenfranchised than any other in the nation’s history.
- Your membership in the NAACP makes you a part of a force of 300,000 people who stand for the freedoms guaranteed in our nation’s constitution.
- Your membership in the NAACP makes a direct and positive impact in your community when you join your local branch.
- Your membership in the NAACP will give you access to our upcoming benefits program that provides discounts on products and services across the country.
The NAACP is the Oldest Civil Rights Organization in the Country
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
- To ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Why join the Lenawee County Branch
- You never know when you or someone you care about might need the NAACP.
- To support programs and legal actions of the National Office, as well as the local Branch.
- To help pay for the cost of operational expenses such as telephone, mailing, and office supplies, etc.
- To support NAACP voter registration and voter education programs locally.
- To support investigations of complaints.
- To provide financial support to worthy community organizations and programs that promotes the NAACP mission and goals.
- To support the training of Branch officers and members.
JOIN TODAY – MEMBERSHIP IS POWER