The NAACP is the Oldest Civil Rights Organization in the Country
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
- To ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Why join the Lenawee County Branch
- You never know when you or someone you care about might need the NAACP.
- To support programs and legal actions of the National Office, as well as the local Branch.
- To help pay for the cost of operational expenses such as telephone, mailing, and office supplies, etc.
- To support NAACP voter registration and voter education programs locally.
- To support investigations of complaints.
- To provide financial support to worthy community organizations and programs that promotes the NAACP mission and goals.
- To support the training of Branch officers and members.
JOIN TODAY – MEMBERSHIP IS POWER